Monday, September 1, 2008

Photo Shoot

On Friday I had the opportunity to get some photos done for my website. Rachel at Madchen Studios here in Medicine Hat has been doing some product photos for my stationery lines and also did some of myself for my site. I can't wait to see them!! I had a great time seeing her studio setup and chatting with her....until.... I got bit!!

We did our studio shots and then were heading to an outdoor location for a great background.
We were all set up ready to go and a bee (or a wasp - I really have no clue and cannot tell the difference) went in Rachel's hair. We swatted it out then it went in mine and got it out right away too. Phew. Or so I thought. Then it bit me. Little bugger. Right on my upper arm on the inside. At first it hurt, but just like getting a needle. There were two stingers in my arm and I could get one out, then used my tweezers (from my wedding emergency kit - see - it always comes in handy!!) to get the other one out. It wasn't as bad as I remember...until later.

The next day I woke up to a great big red ball on my arm. Then as the day progressed - it got bigger (in covering my arm and in swollen-ness). It covered like half my arm and was so itchy. Anyways, it is now going back down (back to the size
of Saturday morning) and feeling better (3 days later!). So yes, I felt bad for myself and got my husband too as well.

Here is my favorite part (I hope I can share this part!). Rachel's son came to the outdoor location with us to help hold the reflector (is that what it is called?!?). He informed me that he was getting paid to do this (he is six - did I mention that?? And so super cute!). Then after I got bit, I gave up and said we were done (and none of us wanted to stay around there any longer anyways). He asked his mom (Rachel) "umm, do I still get paid for this?" It was so cute. Loved it. Took a little bit of the pain away!

Can't wait to see Rachel's photos. Check out her blog too - love her work!!

I took some photos of my arm - wanna see? It probably looks quite lame, but it hurt!! And still does. I'll get back to our regular schedule this week - we were in Calgary for a Sunday wedding (great wedding, despite the bad weather - snow, rain and mud!).

The morning after the sting - not too bad.
This was the afternoon the day after the sting - but it got much bigger and wrapped around my arm and was really puffy.

2 comments:

Rachel Schultz said...

Holy Crap Laura, i am so sorry! The next day looks horrible! I can't believe how big and swollen it got!

About Terra said...

It still looked pretty bad to me on Sunday when I saw you for the wedding. You sure are a trooper!