Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Fire in Medicine Hat

This morning, Medicine Hat had a fairly large fire in our small downtown. I believe there were two buildings that were destroyed and one of them was home to one of the only wedding gown boutiques in our city! There was lots of damage from what I have heard and many brides lost their dresses in the fire as the store holds them until close to the wedding. How sad and stressful for the brides!

I wish that I had cleaned my dress after our wedding (a couple years ago!) and that it was with me here instead of Calgary. If it was, I would be all over lending it out to whoever it would work for! Facebook has started a cool group Medicine Hat Emergency Wedding Dress Swap to try and connect dresses that are sitting in a closet to brides who are in need.

A few photos taken from The Medicine Hat News website.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.